503 595 3926
Adam's practice focuses on energy and telecommunications law, with an emphasis on providing regulatory, transactional, and business advice to electric and natural gas utilities in the Pacific Northwest.
Adam has been with McDowell Rackner Gibson since 2008 and prior to joining the firm his practice focused on general civil litigation.
- Represented Idaho Power Company in policy proceedings in Oregon, including dockets related to solar feed-in tariffs, smart grid planning, electric vehicles, and the development of competitive bidding guidelines
- Represented utility clients in Oregon rulemaking proceedings regarding electric service reliability, customer data sharing, procedures for confidential discovery, and a solar photovoltaic pilot program
- Worked on avoided cost pricing and other PURPA issues involving Qualifying Facilities in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho
- Advised PacifiCorp on rate cases in Oregon, Utah, and Washington
- Advised Idaho Power Company on rates cases in Oregon
- Advised NW Natural in regulatory proceedings in Oregon and Washington
- Represented telecommunications client in Washington merger proceeding
- Represented Idaho Power Company in energy facility siting matters in Oregon
- Represented utility clients in annual power cost update proceedings in Oregon
- Represented utility clients in property transaction proceedings in Oregon
- Represented Idaho Power Company in Integrated Resource Planning proceedings in Oregon
- Member of the Oregon, Washington, and Idaho State Bars
- Member of the Multnomah Bar Association
- Secretary of the Executive Committee of the Energy, Telecom, and Utility Law Section of Oregon State Bar
- Member of Labor and Employment Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member of Administrative Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- President of Board of Directors of Oregon Energy Fund, a non-profit that develops and coordinates resources to help low-income Oregonians meet their energy needs and achieve energy self-reliance
Adam graduated from Gonzaga University in 2001. At Gonzaga, Adam earned a BS in Electrical Engineering, Honors, summa cum laude. While at Gonzaga, Adam served as an officer in the university's chapter of Tau Beta Pi, the engineering honor society. He was also an officer in the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and was a member of the Alpha Sigma Nu honor society. Adam was also awarded the Senior Engineer Award, which is given to Gonzaga's top engineering graduate.
Adam earned his JD from Lewis and Clark Law School and graduated cum laude in 2005. While at Lewis and Clark Adam was awarded the Best Oral Argument for the first year moot court competition and twice received the Pro Bono Honors Award.