503 290 3620
Jocelyn Pease was named by Super Lawyers® as Rising Star in 2018
JOCELYN C. PEASE
Jocelyn's practice focuses on energy, environmental, and telecommunications law with an emphasis on providing administrative, regulatory, and transactional advice to energy utilities and telecommunications companies in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska.
Jocelyn joined McDowell Rackner Gibson in 2011. Prior to joining McDowell Rackner Gibson, Jocelyn was an associate attorney with the Portland law firm of Davison Van Cleve, PC. At Davison Van Cleve, Jocelyn participated in ratemaking, policy, and rulemaking proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Oregon, Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission and Bonneville Power Administration. Jocelyn was a Post-Graduate fellow with the Deschutes Land Trust prior to joining Davison Van Cleve, PC.
- Advise investor-owned utility on state and federal permitting for a proposed 500-kV transmission line, with an emphasis on development of an Application for Site Certificate to the Oregon Energy Facility Siting Council
- Advised electric and natural gas utility clients on general rate case, tariff and other regulatory matters in proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Oregon, Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission, Regulatory Commission of Alaska, and Guam Public Utility Commission
- Assisted in representation of natural gas utility in complaint proceeding initiated by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission
- Assisted in representation of investor-owned utilities in policy proceeding concerning cost recovery for Renewable Portfolio Standard implementation
- Advised investor-owned utility on Renewable Portfolio Standard implementation
- Advised investor-owned utility on regulatory issues associated with merger proposal
- Advised cooperative on comprehensive update to its policies
- Advised cooperative on service territory issues
- Advised people’s utility district on matter regarding annexation attempt by a neighboring district
- Advised people’s utility district on public contracting issues
- Advised telecommunications companies on matters related to eligible telecommunications carrier (ETC) designation by the Public Utility Commission of Oregon and the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission
- Member of the Alaska Bar Association, the State Bar of California, the Oregon State Bar, and the Washington State Bar Association
- Secretary of the Oregon State Bar Energy, Telecom, and Utility Law Section
- Member of the Oregon State Bar Environmental and Natural Resource Section
- Member of the Multnomah Bar Association
- Member of the Oregon Women Lawyers
- Board Member of the Portland Chapter of Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy
Jocelyn graduated from the University of Redlands in 2004, where she received her BA in Government and BA in Spanish as a Proudian Honors Scholar and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She received her JD and Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law from the University of Oregon School of Law in 2009. While at the University of Oregon, Jocelyn was selected as an Oceans, Coasts, and Watersheds Fellow for the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Center, and completed a legal externship at PacifiCorp, with an emphasis on transmission related issues.
Jocelyn participates in a variety of community groups, and serves on the Utility Advisory Board for the City of West Linn.