Shoshana’s practice focuses on energy and environmental law with an emphasis on providing administrative, regulatory, and transactional advice to companies in the Pacific Northwest.
Shoshana joined McDowell Rackner Gibson in 2017. Previously, Shoshana worked as a judicial clerk for Justice Charles K. Wiggins of the Washington State Supreme Court. Prior to clerking, Shoshana was an associate attorney with the San Francisco office of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP. At Morgan Lewis, Shoshana participated in policy and rulemaking proceedings before the California Public Utilities Commission and counseled clients on transmission development, takings claims, and land use regulation. Prior to working for Justice Wiggins, Shoshana also supported the Law Office of Julian Gross in a municipal law practice and provided ongoing pro bono assistance to Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto regarding zoning and development concerns.
- Represent electric and natural gas utility clients in regulatory matters before the Public Utility Commission of Oregon and the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission.
- Worked on capital investment deferral proceedings for electric and natural gas utilities in Oregon.
- Handled PURPA litigation and related issues with Qualifying Facilities for Oregon electric utilities.
- Advised Alaskan municipality in negotiating terms and conditions surrounding acquisition of local utility.
- Counseled financial industry clients on regulatory landscape for acquisition of Washington state utility.
- Worked on Integrated Resource Planning proceedings for electric utilities in Oregon.
- Advised electric cooperative regarding service territory disputes.
- Drafted public comments to the California Public Utilities Commission regarding renewable energy storage development, including assessment of critical action timelines and regulatory barriers.
- Conducted environmental due diligence in support of utility-scale solar financing contract.
- Member of the State Bar of California.
- Member of the Oregon State Bar.
- Member of Oregon Women Lawyers.
Shoshana graduated magna cum laude from Mount Holyoke College, where she received her BA in Russian & Eurasian Studies and in English Literature. At Mount Holyoke, she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and a competitor and manager for the school’s National Champion dressage team. Shoshana received her JD from Stanford Law School in 2015 with pro bono distinction. While at Stanford, Shoshana was selected as a Fellow for the Stanford Center on International Conflict and Negotiation, served as Associate Editor for the Environmental Law Review, and was President of the Stanford Law & Business Association. Shoshana also completed a legal internship with the Environment & Energy Division of the Canadian Embassy in Washington, D.C. While at Stanford, Shoshana received additional awards for her scholarship in Environmental Justice, International Conflict Resolution, and Legal Ethics.
Shoshana is a volunteer equestrian trainer and coach. She also served as a volunteer (and later as pro bono counsel) for Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto, where she counseled local government actors on affordable housing and local development policies.